Vegan Hot Chocolate (With Cocoa And Coconut Magic!)
Just in time for the holidays I have a first hot drink here on the blog!
Vegan hot chocolate made with wonderful coconut magic.
A favorite memory from past winters going way back is settling during a cold day drinking exactly this. Usually after a day of school dreaming about it.
Either watching the snow from the window, during playing games, or in a nice hot bath, it was always an amazing experience and part of the holiday season of course.
These days though, we have to do it a little different and much better so that all ingredients are tasty and also kind.
This really can be made with any vegan milk, whipped cream, and chocolate, but I have to say that these specific ingredients I use are a personal favorite.
I have to recommend!
I made these for us this past Sunday night and it was just the perfect winter treat.
They are perfectly chocolatey, but not over sweet.
Creamy and cruelty free.
(Oh, and using So Delicious brand coconut milk makes it not taste like coconut; they have the mildest coconut milk)
What else could you want from a hot cocoa drink?
(Want another delicious vegan treat to go with this? Try my Vegan Brownies and Bars ♡)
Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk (I use So Delicious for a non coconut flavor)
- Splash Vanilla extract
- Squirt Coconut whipped cream (I use Reddi Wip)
- Start heating the milk in a medium pot.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar while slowly stirring to melt and mix all together.
- When mixed together well, add the splash of vanilla to taste.
- Pour into your favorite cup and get to the whipped cream! Sprinkle a bit of cocoa powder on top for a finishing touch.
So yes, this is my coconut magic vegan hot chocolate.
I hope that you and your loved ones enjoy it so much and add it to your holidays.
We need all the positivity, especially this year, and what better way to start than by sharing a delicious drink made in a way that is kind for all earthlings.
If you end up making this, tag me on Instagram at @ashi.bunni ~!
Until next time,