Golden Vegan Burrito
You may think that there simply isn’t anything that good to put in a vegan burrito. But that isn’t the case at all!
I came up with a delicious golden vegan burrito that is a regular in my home, especially for lunches.
Why is it called golden you ask?
Well that is because it is full of beautiful golden colored ingredients of the earth.
You may have heard of the golden milk from Pinterest.
Well this is the burrito version.
Not exactly, but you get what I mean!
Anyway, this yummy and healthy, quick meal is so good and filling!
Once you have the base ingredients ready, all you have to do is cook them in a pan quickly and you’re done.
There you have it!
My Golden Vegan Burrito
- Soft taco shells
- Rice (I use Jasmine)
- Yellow and orange bell peppers
- Vegan butter
- Vegan scramble (recommend my tofu scramble or Just Egg!)
- Prepare your rice ahead of time so it is ready. Either warm or cold is completely fine. It works either way! I usually do cold out of the fridge though.
- Put everything out and ready to go. It goes quickly so you want to be prepared.
- Put some vegan butter in an empty hot pan and saute the chopped bell peppers; amount to your liking.
- When the peppers get nice and soft and flavor the butter well, add the rice and cook just a little longer, making sure everything is coated evenly.
- I usually warm my shells by laying them on top at this point.
- Take the shells out and lay them open. Put the rice/pepper mixture inside and then wait with them open.
- Add more butter and make your scramble.
- When the scramble is done, put it in your shell also, fold up, and done!
If you didn’t notice the link above, click HERE to go to my easy vegan scramble recipe!
Of course there are many other options as well.
If you want to add a “meat” try some Beyond meat or LightLife ground!
The options are truly endless, even plant based.