Easy Tofu Scramble
Another basic that will enhance your vegan recipe collection is a vegan scramble.
While there are multiple options for this, my personal favorite so far is actually just this easy tofu scramble!
It is simple, healthy, and really delicious.
I was honestly always afraid to try tofu, but once it was put in my dish in a restaurant by accident, and I realized how amazing it is.
It was in a Pad See Eu dish fried from an amazing Thai food place and I was hooked.
Then I started noticing other ways to make it!
One thing I really miss having all the time is scrambled eggs, so when I came across tofu scramble, I just had to give it a try.
Again, I was kind of afraid to try it, but when I found it served in a vegan restaurant earlier this year, again I loved it!
So I set out to make it myself.
I’m no expert at tofu, but this did turn out pretty good!
It is a great scrambled eggs sub and you can add it to so many things.
The options really are almost endless.
– Simple scramble (with or without add ins)
– Plain or avocado toast
– Burritos (like my golden burrito)
– Stir fry
I hope you enjoy it too!
Easy Tofu Scramble
- Vegan butter
- Firm or extra firm tofu
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic (powder or fresh)
- Tumeric (for color and taste)
- Paprika (for color and taste)
- Salt and pepper if wanted
- Get everything out and ready as this does go fast!
- Start heating your pan on low heat to start and melt some butter in the pan to your liking.
- Break apart a bit and place tofu in the pan.
- Add all the seasonings of nutritional yeast, garlic, tumeric, and paprika over the tofu and then stir to coat evenly. It will turn a beautiful golden color! Just like scrambled eggs.
The amount truly is all what you like. Taste test and find your perfect amounts!
You can also add salt and pepper if you want but I usually don’t. It’s all preference!
- Add any other add ins you may want such as veggies, sauces, etc.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you tried it and liked it or want to save it to try at a different time, be sure to save this post to Pinterest!
Even more recipes with this scramble will be coming very soon.
Until next time, stay safe and healthy all.